Heater spacers.

Ive removed my heater because it and the inlet hose were both leaking. Scourced a secondhand one. However when I was looking at the parts manual it mentions spacers between the heater and plenium chamber. When I took the old heater out no spacers droped down and I have run a new screw up into the threads on the bulkhead full of grease just to make sure they are clean and cannots see these spacers. The screws are only 1/4" 1 1/4" long so the spacers cannot be that thick.  The actual discription says Spacer and washer between heater and plenium chamber. Has somebody been here before me and just not put them back.

See pic below for clarity. spacers marked as 2.456906341_heaterspacer.jpg.58eb5a0440957cc60e195331e05a206f.jpg

Edited by phil Dean

Is it just a tube spacer to go in the rubber mounting bush that is there to stop the rubber being fully compressed when the bolts are tightened?  If so they may well be inside the rubber bushes still in your heater.

19 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Is it just a tube spacer to go in the rubber mounting bush that is there to stop the rubber being fully compressed when the bolts are tightened?  If so they may well be inside the rubber bushes still in your heater.

Yes you can see the mountings here .

Stuart.

Tonys TR6 585.jpg

I will talk to the person who wrote & proof read the drawings to the text of the heater in the Moss catalogues

…….He (that’s me)  said buzxzer!  ……..sorry for the confusion caused.   My own fault for not taking more notice when stripping and building cars.

So it goes.   Bolt, washer, rubber grommet in heater bracket, tube spacer, washer,  then screw into plenum.