TR6 BKV ??? Accident Damaged Coventry

Hi, I have attached a photo of an accident damaged TR6 with partial number plate visible. Story goes that the TR6 owner decided to race the PO of my TR2 (Trevor Hudgell) out of the Canley Factory gates at home time and they came together on a roundabout somewhere nearby..This was sometime in 1975.
I wonder if the TR6 owner is still about and remembers the sorry saga? Was the TR6 repaired or sent to the car graveyard in the sky?

Regards

Adrian

IMG_6767.jpeg

Edited by AJ2014
Added more detail

Back in the early 80's I went to look at a very early BKV reg white TR6 in Atherstone that had been advertised in the Coventry Evening Telegraph for sale. After an 'interesting' test drive in which the owner insisted on driving I passed on the car due to the rampant rot.

1 hour ago, multipletriumphsinner said:

Back in the early 80's I went to look at a very early BKV reg white TR6 in Atherstone that had been advertised in the Coventry Evening Telegraph for sale. After an 'interesting' test drive in which the owner insisted on driving I passed on the car due to the rampant rot.

I was hoping you'd come along soon, Dave :)

Thanks for your replies guys, interesting reading..

It sounds like you could have viewed this very TR6, I assume somebody had done ‘a repair on it’ but not a proper rebuild :huh:

The TR2 was an ‘insurance write off’, but the existing owner bought it back and then repaired it over several years. He loved the car and kept it from 1962 to 1978.

The TR6 buried his drivers door into the rear passenger wing of the TR2 on the roundabout.

Regards

Adrian

The only White BKV TR6 that we have had in the TR Register is BKV 857K. The record is from May 1978 when it was owned by a gentleman from Wolverhampton. He noted that it had a hardtop and that he used it in Sprints, Autocross, Hill Climbs and Rallies. We have no record in the TRR since however the DVLA show it still White, taxed until April  2024 and with a last change of V5C in August 2012.

Derek