Just had my renewal & my premium has risen 12% plus I am a little concerned that the breakdown cover is provided by RAC who have had some bad press within our forum recently. Apart from the Club insurance who are people mainly insured with & what have been their experiences? Ideally I would like to consider a change to somebody who uses an alternative to the RAC or gives the option to opt out of breakdown cover & to go elsewhere. Any comments will be appreciated.

We’re insured with Footman James as we have a very long successful relationship. Full replacement value price rise of 4.2% this year seemed ok by us for a 4,000 mile policy. I don’t like complicating with recovery - we’re with Green Flag for all 3 of our cars who we’ve been delighted with compared to AA or RAC after loads of screw ups by both. 

Edited by Steve-B

Just had a renewal quote of £131 from Lancaster, a big jump from £83.50 last year so I went on a comparison site and I am now insured with Lancaster for £83.50! Recovery insurance with the AA so fingers crossed.

Cheers

Richard

59 minutes ago, Dic Doretti said:

Just had a renewal quote of £131 from Lancaster, a big jump from £83.50 last year so I went on a comparison site and I am now insured with Lancaster for £83.50! Recovery insurance with the AA so fingers crossed.

Cheers

Richard

Richard, was the AA recovery an option with Lancaster or did you have to have it inclusive?

Yes I have the register insurance but have AA recovery, which is named cover and is for any car I happen to be in.  My TR insurance went up by £4 this year.  My daily car's insurance increased by nearly 20%!

Edited by Colin Symonds
6 hours ago, trchris said:

I thought green flag had an age limit on cars ? I could be wrong as things may have change however you could still have the register insurance and arrange your own breakdown cover

Chris

When we bought our TR 6 they just added it on for no extra charge.

Given they’ve had to recover it once there was no hassle w/ exception of spotty faced technician who’d never seen a PI system:D and just went through the motions whilst recovery was on the way. 

On 8/26/2023 at 11:59 AM, monty said:

Just had my renewal & my premium has risen 12% plus I am a little concerned that the breakdown cover is provided by RAC who have had some bad press within our forum recently. Apart from the Club insurance who are people mainly insured with & what have been their experiences? Ideally I would like to consider a change to somebody who uses an alternative to the RAC or gives the option to opt out of breakdown cover & to go elsewhere. Any comments will be appreciated.

Had a very nice conversation yesterday with a very pleasant lady @ TR Insurance & received a very competitive quotation with all I required that also knocked spots off my existing premium, even before the 12% increase!