Door seal, Surrey car

I need to replace the door seal on my 4A. According to my measurement a length of six metres of seal will do the job, from the top of one 'A' Post, round the door/window aperture, round the top of the rear screen and back to the top of the other 'A' post.  Can anyone who has done this job recommend a suitable section seal and whence this could be sourced. Thanks.

Tim 

13 minutes ago, tim hunt said:

I need to replace the door seal on my 4A. According to my measurement a length of six metres of seal will do the job, from the top of one 'A' Post, round the door/window aperture, round the top of the rear screen and back to the top of the other 'A' post.  Can anyone who has done this job recommend a suitable section seal and whence this could be sourced. Thanks.

Tim 

I use this seal, https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1285-door-seal Fits well and for the Surrey sides dont forget you also need this for the up right side of the frame Item 4 here https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/weather-equipment/hard-tops/surrey-top-fittings-tr4-4a-1961-67.html

Stuart.

photo1590.thumb.jpg.222583259a2db186321bf23696ae44aa.jpgphoto1591.thumb.jpg.8972657a22905803e60ae9f6dd79f82f.jpgphoto1592.thumb.jpg.742f727932f343d7c3374eb3df15406a.jpgPhoto1596.thumb.jpg.bd17586e1d30cabffb057f65f4f1432b.jpg

Thanks for the advice Stuart. I much prefer the idea of a one piece seal compared to the original 4A system. I had a look at the Woolies website and was amazed by the range of seals they offer. Is there a particular reason you prefer the 265A over 266 BLK, which has a fully circular sponge rubber bead of 16mm diameter, apart from the fact it's £1.25 per meter less expensive? My 6 metre overall measurement included the upright sides of the rear window frame.

Tim

16 minutes ago, tim hunt said:

Thanks for the advice Stuart. I much prefer the idea of a one piece seal compared to the original 4A system. I had a look at the Woolies website and was amazed by the range of seals they offer. Is there a particular reason you prefer the 265A over 266 BLK, which has a fully circular sponge rubber bead of 16mm diameter, apart from the fact it's £1.25 per meter less expensive? My 6 metre overall measurement included the upright sides of the rear window frame.

Tim

Because in my experience the tube seals tend to make door closure more difficult until theyve been fitted a few years! also as your going to have to fit it to the lip edge of the re-enforcing triangle at the bottom of the "B" post it doesnt make the door bottom stick out. The other side seals for the surrey Ive found when fitted in the channel so they sit under the flap behind the window make a really good seal to stop draughts round your ears.I have that on mine as you can see and I have fitted it to others and it does help.

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the photo from Stuart, it looks like the door seal uses a clip on edge trim. Seals Direct supply a good range at https://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/shop/category/edge-trims-seals-555

It'll be easier if you can match the seal to what was fitted previously though. Is the existing seal missing or could you upload a photo?

Edited by smyluk