TR4 Body trolley

Gentlemen,

I shall be removing the body (tub) of my early TR4 from the chassis in the near future and I want to mount the removed tub on a trolley of some sort in order that it is movable in the garage.

Can anyone please give me a steer on constructing such a trolley, ideal dimensions, height, wheel size etc. I am asking about the wheel size as the wheel skates I bought some time ago have 3” steel wheels and when the car was on them it was difficult to move, to say the least.

Any tips on the tub removal would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

Graham

I modified an old trampoline frame...Angle iron welded across the bottom to take 6" wheels [don't buy skinny ones]...Welded brackets onto angle iron across the top of the frame to directly mount [bolt on] the tub...Fitted one pair of "lockable" wheels [2 pairs might have been better]....The most expensive item were the wheels

Safe to transport anywhere..eg..paint shop booth.

Hi Graham,

I've got a suitable trolley that I used to support my TR6 body and tub whilst doing a chassis replacement quite a long time ago.  It's the proper item with large(ish) castors and it's currently disassembled in various locations in my garage.  You're welcome to borrow it for as long as you like but you'd need to work out how to assemble it because the last time it was used must be 20 years ago.  I've no photos of it in use unfortunately so there's a risk it might not be complete, I'll need to check that.  I'm away until September but it it's of interest drop me a PM.