Interesting Phone Call

This morning the phone rang (with a withheld number) and a chap on the end asked for my wife.

I said she was not available to talk. So he asked to talk to me.  He had my name.

He said he was from Manchester police and needed to speak with me regarding a young woman they  had for shop lifting.

I informed him that I live in West London so what is going on.

He said that the girl said she was my niece - I do not have any nieces I told him.

His style of conversation was rather strange - so I suggested to him that he was not from the Manchester police and would he kindly F*&^ off.

The police haven't come round yet.

What will they think of next.

Roger

We live in strange times Roger 

As I was reading your post we had a power cut which lasted about 15 minutes, nothing unusual about that apart from when the power came on the house phone rang and there was a recorded message, allegedly from a power company from a different parts of the country, stating that there is a power cut in PE183BY that has been traced to our house and we were to press 1 to hear more!

Well sure I'm really going to do that, not only was it a weird power company name but the post code was wrong as well.

As you said Roger "Ph*ck Orf."

George 

At the end of last week, I received on my  standby email account (to be used only to aid recovery from possible severe problems with my normal account) an authentic -looking email from Derbyshire police asking me to complete a form to act as a ‘supporter’ for a shotgun licence for someone in Derbyshire.  The officer’s name and quoted badge number were genuine but the email was not.  Haven’t heard anything since.  I didn’t reply or look at the form obviously.  Made a change from Russian/Ukrainian girls and assorted dating apps.