Red routes and NCP

Asking for a friend B)…….. recently, back in early May, I dropped my wife at Gatwick and paid the £5 charge on line the same day. Now NCP have sent a £100 fine for "stopping on the red route", they have photographs of me; and an entire queue of us! - The photo shows my wife hopping out while i am stopped at a zebra for someone crossing.

This is in hope rather than expectation, i suppose that I am bang to rights but, has NCP really got the authority to act like this? (When I paid them for the drop-off charge!)

Thanks Mike, my appeal got swiftly rejected but I will now follow your link; this annoys me as much as the principle to NCP skimming the money off. The ‘photo evidence’ they submit only, and clearly, shows me stopping to let someone cross the ‘zebra’!

image.thumb.jpg.3c2df2a890f521d57a74787b87934eb7.jpg

Earlier this year I got a PCN.  I appealed (twice) and eventually I got off.

However they did not agree with my excuse but they generated their excuse.  OK I still got off.

Went passed the crime scene a few days after my  reprieve and there wasa car with a PCN.

So I pop off to the police station and  explain that they (the parking management co.) are stealing money - they didn't give a sh*t

Roger

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2023 at 12:46 PM, mike ellis said:

I would appeal explaining the circumstances and if they reject it appeal again through POPLA. https://www.popla.co.uk/

I recently successfully challenged a similar fine for going through Heathrow terminal 2 dropoff zone by mistake.

Mike

Thanks again Mike, just to close this loop out to its happy conclusion: POPLA just came through and threw the entire nonsense right out, just annoying how low NCP weasels stoop…

Airports are Rip off Britain at its best!

Chip and Pin emergency on board oxygen charging next?

Andy