Hi Folks,

yesterday, myself Sue and the 4A popped down to West Wittering.

Every time we go there the car park gets a little dearer.  Yesterday it was £12.40  :blink:

Driving into the grassy parking area my car fell into a massive hole (3Mtr diameter x 0.5 Mtr deep) thanks fully the sides were old and sloped.

Upon  parking we went to the nice new restaurant/cafe for a cuppa. I was third in the queue and it didn't move fast. 

Then the till shut down. The quick thinking girl resorted to pen & Paper. I got to the front and ordered my selection - then the till sprang into life - Hooray

Then the card reader shut down - thankfully I had cash.

We had our tea and bacon bap and little squids. That was good.  Then the waiter type boy turned up. Picked up various cups, milk jugs etc promptlydropped the whole lot back on the table.

Tea and milk everywhere. Thankfully the little squids were dead otherwise they w0ould have been  off back to the sea.

Trying to pay for the parking  :o  Their new fangled ANPR  doesn't work with black/white numbers.  They had thought of a quick cheat to get by.

Excellent day  with a few hic cups.

Roger

Yeah, the car park was bit of a leg lifter, only the one price available which did include for all day but not much use when you don't know if you'll like the beach or if you can walk a dog there being it's now after 1st of June. I believe it's an "estate" owned property area (many doors to properties painted Dark maroon colour, and they are intent on milking it.

We reclaimed eye brows from off floor, and drove another mile to East Wittering where we could park for £2 for 2 hours ( I think, it was about 5 weeks ago) and walked the dogs on the beach there. 

Mick Richards

Reminds me of Silverstone a couple of years ago a round of expensive drinks worked out at about £6 a drink, go for a 2nd round later and the electric till has stopped working (no signal) so young lady reverts to her own mental arithmetic and ends up at £48 for 5 drinks, I politely refused to pay, up pops the 18ish year old "manager" who then reverts to his phone calculater  to inform us that the total is correct, he wasn't impressed when I told him what he could do with the drinks that we were going to leave on the bar, he reluctantly agreed to accept our offer of £25...

Phil...

Edited by lynchpin

Was that Billys on the Beach ? 

Yes car parking not easy.....crazy seeing as they want you in the cafe. 

Conrad. 

2 hours ago, openroad said:

Was that Billys on the Beach ? 

Yes car parking not easy.....crazy seeing as they want you in the cafe. 

Conrad. 

there isa billys on the Beach but we were in the main cafe.

Roger