The car is finally staring to go together. I'm at that nice stage where most parts are refurbished clean or replaced. Of course that also means I'll be discovering the hundreds of those parts which I have forgotten to pre order. Fortunately I can get to Moss Bradford in 15 minutes or so.

I have spent most evenings going through the forum so that the following day I'm ready to go.

However .... What are these? I think they are for the dash to steady it in addition to those that support the heater and connect to rear of the battery box. 

Thanks in advance folks.

Mark

PXL_20230527_171631203.jpg

14 minutes ago, Corkery11 said:

The car is finally staring to go together. I'm at that nice stage where most parts are refurbished clean or replaced. Of course that also means I'll be discovering the hundreds of those parts which I have forgotten to pre order. Fortunately I can get to Moss Bradford in 15 minutes or so.

I have spent most evenings going through the forum so that the following day I'm ready to go.

However .... What are these? I think they are for the dash to steady it in addition to those that support the heater and connect to rear of the battery box. 

Thanks in advance folks.

Mark

PXL_20230527_171631203.jpg

I don't recognise them at all. Not dashboard supports which are straight and shorter. My cars are TR2 and TR3, maybe these are 3A front bumper bar brackets.

I don't think they are bumper brackets as they don't seem sturdy enough and I have a vague recollection of taking them off from under the dash. Trouble is that's three three years ago so memory has faded. They look "factory" rather than hand made by the previous owner and look to be perfect length from the dash bottom edge to the front bulkhead. Radio / wireless maybe?

Thanks for the suggestion however.

Mark

This has come up before, & I had those brackets on my car in the 1970's. They fit under the glove box between the bottom of the dash, & the bulkhead. their purpose (I believe) is to provide a mounting for a car radio.  I did not re-fit mine on the re-build 10 years ago.

1906121664_Underdashbrackets.thumb.jpg.84789ba3b60e2f8ada9fb3cd646887d5.jpg

Bob

Edited by Lebro

Hi Bob was hoping you'd be along, many of your previous replies to others have been a Godsend regards pointing me in the right direction. Amongst the boxes of bits n pieces was an old positive radio but like yourself I don't intend to refit it but will opt for a Bluetooth battery powered jobie if I find I need to have music etc.

No doubt I'll be trying to pick your brain many times in the next few months as progress seems to be picking up. 

Mark

13 hours ago, Corkery11 said:

Hi Bob was hoping you'd be along, many of your previous replies to others have been a Godsend regards pointing me in the right direction. Amongst the boxes of bits n pieces was an old positive radio but like yourself I don't intend to refit it but will opt for a Bluetooth battery powered jobie if I find I need to have music etc.

No doubt I'll be trying to pick your brain many times in the next few months as progress seems to be picking up. 

Mark

The engine provides beautiful music, especially between 3 and 5,000rpm in 2nd or 3rd.

That's what I'm hoping but I've been welding an angle grinder for the last 3 years and I think I've now got the hearing of Pete Townshend