Yes a really lovely colour on it.

20 hours ago, John Morrison said:

+1

Once saw a German registered 3A on the Lakes Weekend, similar colour with louvred bonnet - just stunning.

John.

It is almost certainly the same car John. Andy Flexney owned it for 30 years before my custodianship and in most of that time when Andy worked in Germany, it was LHD and German registered. The car was built as LHD and was originally exported to Canada. Andy did a huge amount in it covering 240,000 miles including the Monte, Le Jog, 10 Countries etc. It's history is mind blowing and the car has featured in countless magazine article. Andy was a meticulous record keeper and I have inherited the huge and impressive box full of its history. To be honest, I feel the weight of the responsibility of taking it on. It really is a very special car.

1959-triumph-tr3a-639722d4bc6b8.jpg

1959-triumph-tr3a-639722d4bce72.jpg

1998 the Cars First Round Britain Run.jpg

_Front Page.jpg

Article Page - 002.jpg

Article Page - 003.jpg

What a beautiful car & a lovely history John, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Long time since I saw it at least 20 years I would think and still remember the impression it left. It was on the Sunday at The Punchbowl at Askam near Penrith.

Enjoy that very special car

John

It really is a very special car and I have promised Andy and his lovely wife Jutta that I will give it a good home and cherish it as they have. 

We are off this weekend in the TR to a Golden Wedding celebration in Bedfordshire followed on Monday 5th by a run through the Cotswolds to Ross on Wye where we shall be centred for a week. Lunch is booked on the Monday (5th) at the Fosseway Garden Centre, Moreton in Marsh and I'd be delighted to meet up with any members living in that area if they fancy it.

We are also off to the Isle of Man in September, not quite the frenetic activity that it's used to but I am twenty years older than Andy. Well that's my excuse anyway :D

Anyone interested in meeting up either in Moreton or Ross please drop me a PM