Given the 6’s reputation for petrol odours I was not particularly concerned by the smell in the lock up. However, on closer inspection I found petrol in the boot and staining under the chassis. 

I have a pre-filter in the boot which then passes through a rubber grommet to the externally mounted Bosch pump and high pressure filter. The leak appears to be coming from a union adjacent to the grommet, attaching a solid right angled coupling which heads towards the pump. Petrol is dripping down externally and I think running back into the boot through the grommet. 

I am going to get my local old school garage to take a look and hopefully it will just be a case of tightening the union. But is there anything else I should be aware of or known issues?

Many thanks 

Miles

67C941A7-0912-4550-9166-87CBFE012EF9.thumb.jpeg.f854ac5d2a654435057b1bf1b1743a01.jpeg

13131415-6FDE-4AFA-97D4-6321560DAEE1.thumb.jpeg.88586a1591bb942d1856b02924cb252f.jpeg

Miles

Having just renewed the Sytec pump's prefilter yesterday o. My early PI, and seen it weep very slightly, I just tightened the joint between a fixed female thread on each end of the filter and a black plastic male threaded joint with hex head, onto which the fuel pipe with jubilee clip is attached.  Took 2 gentle tightenings, but now does not leak.

Hope it goes well with yours -

Mark

11 hours ago, Mike C said:

If the fuel pump is working well, I'd just break the leaking joint and remake it with PTFE tape.

+1 but if that is a malleable iron fitting when breaking the joint carefully check the cone seating because they are usually poorly machined and leak? I only use brass fittings for this reason!

Bruce.