Could this be goodbye? TR6 needs a new home.

Well the time has come to admit that I am too old and broken to continue driving a classic car without power steering.  A recurring shoulder injury picked up playing rugby and a host of broken bones means that I struggle to get in and out.  Mrs Hawk also has a shot back and doesn't find it comfortable for more than 10 minutes.

My 2015 MV Agusta F4 also has to go so if anyone wants a piece of motorcycle art with approaching 200 BHP drop me a message.  

I bought Willy at the end of 2017 after spending a good chunk of last year looking for something that I could restore but was put off by people wanting silly money. And stumbled across him by chance when viewing another potential project that TRGB were selling.

The car was fully restored over 4 years (2011 to 2015) with almost every part other than the chassis being replaced by new parts. The folder I have shows over £35,000 spent on parts, engine work and paint - excluding 4 years of labour. Since then it sold for £30,0000 (yes, thirty thousand pounds!!!!) and has covered 3,000 miles before being bought by me. 

After I bought him, I continued to improve him and have spent  in excess of £4,000 on things like LED lighting, MX5 seats, backlight and surrey roof, PI set up and ARE wheels.  

I have covered around 6,000 miles (inc. a number of european trips and the NC500 last year) in which time I have never been let down and mileage now stands at around 98,500.

As well as a comprehensive restoration of the bodywork and interior etc, all mechanical parts were reconditioned and / or rebuilt with the engine getting an uprated cam, extractor manifold and stainless big bore exhaust.  

I'm looking for £23,000 and would include original wheels and tyres, good as new convertible hood and mohair hood tonneau, wind breaker, car cover, rear rack and custom boot luggage.  

Or make me an offer.  

Here's a pic from outside of the Torridon hotel last year on my tour of Scotland

20220420_105707.jpg

Not looking to re-acquire Wally (as we called the car) but good luck in selling what looks to be a very very good car. We were custodians for a few years circa 20 years ago(!) prior to the major rebuild expenditure. Wally was a pretty solid if unspectacular example back then so that sort of outlay should have made the car superb.

023_20A.JPG

029_26A.JPG