Neglecting your 'Modern Metal'..........

Gents

I made a trip down to Eurocarparts today to return something.

While driving, I was aware of a 'strange noise' coming from the boot area.

When I arrived home, I thought I would take a quick look, as the car needs a 'clean and empty' anyway.

I duly emptied the boot of umbrellas, shopping bags, spare coats, newspaper etc etc, and lifted the carpet and floor panel.

Nothing obvious, except perhaps a little damp looking in places.

Looking a little closer, however, I could definitely see something 'glinting' in the spare wheel well.

So, pulled out the polystyrene packing (no spare supplied!) only to find the Subwoofer assembly was sitting in about 1.5 inches of water!!!!

Fortunately, it sits in a plinth, and was still JUST clear of the waterline!!!

Obviously there is a leak somewhere (hatchback car) but it made me realise I do not look in there very often............

Moral of the story is CHECK YOUR MODERN METAL, THEY NEED LOVE TOO!!!

Well done. I lent my VW to my son for a few weeks and he cleaned out the inside which I have not done for at least two years. He used a Hoover as well. ( vacuum cleaner )

I will get it back on Saturday 

Richard & B

Good advice, John. 

Recently, I took the spare wheel out of my wife's 2009 High&Dry i20 in order to check the tyre pressure, and found that it had been sitting in about an inch of water.

It's been raining heavily here for some hours so, once it ceases, I'll re-check to see whether water has entered.

I recall that the little Toyota which she owned some 40 years ago had the same habit, but accumulated an even greater pool, so I just removed the bung in the bottom of its boot!

Ian Cornish