TR6 master cylinder replacement

I have purchased a new brake master cylinder (TRW product) and am about to fit it. This seems to be an opportunity to check the servo (which seems to work OK). Looking at my repair manual there is a suggestion to test the non-return valve. Any guidance on how to do so? Also, can the valve be removed to allow a replacement with the servo in place (not sure whether it is a bayonet or push fit item, but it would seem a low cost upgrade whilst the master cylinder removed) but either way I don't want to lever it out and end up with broken pieces of plastic within the servo.

As usual, any advice very gratefully received.

DSCF5212.JPG

I found that when fittin a TRW master cylinder I had to adjust the servo push rod as the original setting in the book didn't work. Something to bare in mind. 

Gareth

1 hour ago, Chris96 said:

...as I assume if there is not a small clearance "at rest" then the brakes might not release completely.

You are correct and I only found out when my brakes locked, undoing the two nuts holding the MC released the brakes which is when I realised the TRW wouldn't work with the normal setting. I think I ended up dabbing some paint on the pushrod and adjusted it until it just stopped leaving an impression on the MC.

Gareth