Stromberg 175cd carbs

Hi All

just started getting TR250 ready for spring, starts ok but it has developed a fuel leak, the fuel is coming from the top left hand hole on the air cleaner side, not the fixing holes, looks like a breather or vent of some kind, any ideas where the problem lies, had the carb off, checked, cleaned the float valve and all seems ok, any suggestions welcome

Paul

Paul the holes immediately above the fixing holes are the float chamber vent. So the implication is that your " excess " fuel is coming from the float chamber.

You said that you cleaned up the float valve.... tick that one. Is the retaining hinge pin operation free to move , no obvious metal burrs / damage ? Are both

floats "leak free " and the "metalwork" betwixt them straight , not disformed in any way ? ( Both of the floats should be level, in the same plain ). Finally check the

floats rise and fall without hinderance.

A few things to check over , hope something comes to light from your investigations.

Bob

Modern petrol, with E10, tends to create gummy deposits when the car is not used for some time. 

It happened to my lawn mower over this winter, but use of my wife's hair dryer on the outside of the carburettor softened the goo sufficiently to permit me to get the thing started, and I then ran it for a while in order to dissolve and wash away any remaining deposit.

Ian Cornish