TR3 boot lock/rack bracket

Hi all,

I recently saw a TR3 with a bracket that sat under the boot lock and holds the lowermost rail of the boot rack.  My objective is not to use the clamps that pass around the lip of the boot as they damage the boot surround.  I should have taken a picture at the time but didn't, so if anyone has this fitted to their car or has a picture/sketch that they can share, I'd appreciate it.  Especially as I have just had an original TR3 bootlid repaired and repainted.  Pictures to follow.

Thanks, Laurence

Laurence,

I have one of these and a drawing so will find it and post it here.

Tim

I have a boot rack and made a mistake fitting it 20 years ago. 

It has four black rubber pads and I have drilled through the boot lid so the four legs can be fixed from inside the boot with four screws fitting neatly into the captive nuts on the chrome legs. It works very well.

But the boot lid has rusted out in the corner and one side is now about 1/2" proud of the bodywork. I have a replacement lid which was sanded back to  bare metal , rust proofed, undercoated and finished in two pack by a professional local spray shop. I want to fit it but I am having trouble having no chrome rack and can not bring myself to drill the new lid.

This has ben an out-in-the-garage problem which keeps me walking the dog through the local woodlands.

Good luck with yours Richard& B

Hi All,

many thanks for all the responses, the bracket on 5 EKT is exactly what I am looking for (I did contemplate drilling the boot lid and tapping threads into the rack legs - but I can't bring myself to the point of vandalising my newly refurbished boot lid :)).  I have some photos on my phone from cutting out the rot to primer stage which I'll post later. 

Thanks again to all that have offered sketches/drgs/photos.

Rgards, Laurence

Will find the drawing if interested.

Cheers,

Tim

IMG_0635.thumb.JPG.6738b7b8bf419e14499ccd152c6934b6.JPG