TR6 tonneau fitting

Guest d johnson

Guest d johnson

My newly bought TR6 has no tonneau fittings on the dash top. Its never had a tonneau having originally been hardtop only.If I make holes in the appropriate place in the plastic dash top will I find holes in the steel ledge below. If so is it possible to bolt the fittings on.Thanks. David Johnson

Hi, Dave,

If you look in the Moss catalogue under tonneau and hood stowage covers (page 312) you will find the parts you need. Parts are indentified as 18 part number 617296. The bolts that attached the screen fixing plates pass through the base of the peg assemblies.

Cheers Phil

• 9 months later...

I've recently purchased a tonneau (Double Duck) for my 6 and find that it has 4 eyelets already fitted along the leading edge or front. Eyelets fitted by the maker. I've also got the "peg" type brackets for the base of the windscreen. My worry is that the eyelets are approx 8mm ID while the pegs are approx 5mm OD and as such they are a very loose fit. Is this normal? Is there enough tension in a properly fitted tonneau to ensure the eyelets don't lift off the pegs?

Is there enough tension in a properly fitted tonneau to ensure the eyelets don't lift off the pegs?
Yes. Plenty.

Cheers,

John

Is there enough tension in a properly fitted tonneau to ensure the eyelets don't lift off the pegs?

Infact it's more a case of struggling to get them hooked over - there's that much tension!