Drivers side side light wiring

Hi all

am refitting front side lights on my 72 cp and can’t seem to find a red cable on the loom that would correspond with the red cable coming from the back of the drivers side light?The opposite side is colour true and as far as I know the wiring is original,any ideas out there please

regards nige

Hi Nige

There should be a Red/green from the light sw to the fuse box fuse and then two red wires one to the front pair and one to the rear via the plug to the rear loom where a further red goes to feed the instrument lights.

Has the PO perhaps replaced the red with another coloured wire? 

Andy

Hi Andy

yes that thought did cross my mind,what make me feel daft is I was the one who disconnected them but it was a while back at the start of the restoration,as the passenger side all matched up to the wiring diagram I just assumed the drivers side was the same but in my defence the colours were obscured by years of muck on the side in question.I am thinking of switching the side lights on and seeing which cable is live as all the other lights are connected

thanks mate

41 minutes ago, nigelcurry said:

Hi Andy

yes that thought did cross my mind,what make me feel daft is I was the one who disconnected them but it was a while back at the start of the restoration,as the passenger side all matched up to the wiring diagram I just assumed the drivers side was the same but in my defence the colours were obscured by years of muck on the side in question.I am thinking of switching the side lights on and seeing which cable is live as all the other lights are connected

thanks mate

Just thought but the indicators fly leads are red on some I've seen have you connected the red to there? Rather than a green red or green white.

Andy

Hi Andy

thanks mate

7 minutes ago, nigelcurry said:

Hi Andy

thanks mate

Trace it with a volt meter thing?

Put power in at the red wire on the left and touch each wire on the right to find out which one is live.   Or am I being hopeful.