1954 TR2 636CFM

I recently bought this TR2 at an auction in Wiltshire but it came without any history. The previous owner was Richard Edney from Bognor who was a Register member but is now deceased. It was built in 1954 but not registered until 1957 in Chester which is a puzzle. I applied for a Heritage certificate but they have no record of the car! Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Richard

DSCN3211 (1).JPG

Hi Iain

I have been in touch with Mike Ellis for information about the car before I purchased it but not much was known and I am now waiting for a factory trace.

Cheers

Richard

Richard

Cannot help with information about your TR2 but I have a similar story with my TR4. It was built in January 1962 but not registered until September 1964, hence it's on a 'B' plate. A previous owner did a lot of work to try to find out the ownership history and why the wait until it was registered. I now have the ownership history back until the mid1970's which is when the DVLA centralised and computerised car registration. According to DVLA they only asked for the current logbook when they asked owners to submit their documents, hence to mid 1970's cut off for my car. If an owner submitted earlier logbooks they computerised those but it wasn't mandatory.

I do have a heritage certificate for the car but other than confirm the dates of manufacture and despatch it doesn't add much to the early history of the car.

Dave