Stainless strips along seals

Hi all

My 72 car is about to go to the body shop for a repaint,now although one strip was just about on one side the other one was missing completely,I have purchased two strips ready to go on but I have no idea where they should go in relation to to where the ends should be.I have seen a lot of excellent cars that don’t have them and a lot of excellent cars that do and being that the bottom of the wheel arch on both sides aren’t that level with the seals I am worried that the gap between the two will look odd.Any opinions would be welcome 

thanks nige

Modern restoration and paint shops do little if no research at all into how the cars were when new. Few are probable not bothered by such details! I see many cars where the stainless strips are not replaced, and no Black stonechip paint applied on the sills (US Rockers) 

C3A55C7F-9E18-4549-9A51-ADDD1313F28D.jpeg