Is this correct ?

Just doing a repair on the near side inner wing and wheel arch tub to replace the ‘welded flap’ repair by a PO and I’ve noticed that the rear deck sections appear not to be aligned, if I put a straight edge down them you can see the run out.

now before I weld it all back up could somebody let me know if this is correct or if I need to cure this before welding the arch up. Shall we say that this is not the old girls first rodeo and I know that somebody has been in here before me so although I’m pretty sure nothing has moved in doing what I’m doing, I’m not sure it was right in the first place.

TIA Graham 

DB7D9564-DA46-4259-B645-C984FE0031AF.jpeg

FB2F02E6-C733-4B5E-B7B8-B734A264BBFD.jpeg

It should be straight with the top tapering down slightly towards the tail lights. I dont have a picture looking all the way along Im afraid but this may help.

Stuart.

Marks TR5 323.jpg

Marks TR5 320.jpg

Marks TR5 325.jpg

1 hour ago, stuart said:

It should be straight with the top tapering down slightly towards the tail lights. I dont have a picture looking all the way along Im afraid but this may help.

Stuart.

Marks TR5 323.jpg

Marks TR5 320.jpg

Marks TR5 325.jpg

Thanks Stuart

Do some triangulation measurement Graham, that will show up if the cab is out of square.

Stuart.

6 hours ago, stuart said:

Do some triangulation measurement Graham, that will show up if the cab is out of square.

Stuart.

Yes good point,  I’ve even got a tram gauge ! What’s  an acceptable + or - ? 

18 hours ago, Graham said:

Yes good point,  I’ve even got a tram gauge ! What’s  an acceptable + or - ? 

Aim for zero but failing that 1/16" Dont forget you`ll probably have to go past and then let it spring back.

Stuart.556894311_jeffstr5001.jpg.ea0784ba88c2f9a87d2ac11768886561.jpg1020837803_jeffstr5002.jpg.de97b3731c576840acf60d45a61b963c.jpg

Edited by stuart