Hi,

I am selling a genuine used pair of H6 SU Carburettors with linkages. These would suit TR3/TR3a/TR4. Please check these will fit your car.

They will require refurbishment. There is 1 x Brass Float missing.

£220 + P&P or free collection from Staffordshire ST5 (M6 Jcn15)

Please DM for further info

Kind Regards

Ade

365C3328-C69D-4BB0-B486-B3D99E92B9F5.jpeg

E1B202E1-501D-430B-9650-F8329E9F97D7.jpeg

9E6EDD28-6C38-42D2-A611-8809797969DD.jpeg

43BB279D-319F-464A-A54C-EE1787C1AD5D.jpeg

6BBB39FF-059F-42CE-8FBC-071CD12F6FAE.jpeg

E7FA4683-B0FB-4CB0-BE02-D6CC808B05D8.jpeg

08FB038C-38A6-42AF-A988-2A535D005BA2.jpeg

A89CBCC1-0E5C-4D1D-BDFF-4DFA48ABDF0C.jpeg

Edited by AJ2014
Price change
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the reply. I have a couple of feelers out as I am trying initially to replace one piston and dashpot which got corroded due to the car being laid up. However in the meantime could you please have a look at the number cast inside the piston and confirm if it says 3284 as that is what I am looking for. The next question is what the condition of the pistons and dashpots are. If you were able to split them I'd prefer that and sell separately, if not it would depend on their useable condition as they are now. 

Another possibility would be if you had a complete set of HS6 carbs as I am using a TR4A manifold.

People refer to contact via PM but I don't know what that means.

Regards.

Des.  

1 hour ago, DesNoble said:

Regards.

Des.  

Des,  PM is a personal message. See envelope icon at top right corner of screen. Open that and you can send a message direct to the individual. 
Alternatively, press on the name of the  person posting and it will open his profile and you can message direct from there. 

Dave McD

3 hours ago, DesNoble said:

Thanks for the reply. I have a couple of feelers out as I am trying initially to replace one piston and dashpot which got corroded due to the car being laid up. However in the meantime could you please have a look at the number cast inside the piston and confirm if it says 3284 as that is what I am looking for. The next question is what the condition of the pistons and dashpots are. If you were able to split them I'd prefer that and sell separately, if not it would depend on their useable condition as they are now. 

Another possibility would be if you had a complete set of HS6 carbs as I am using a TR4A manifold.

Regards.

Des.  

Des

Both pistons are stamped AUC 3284, I wouldn’t want to split the set.

I would say the carbs need a full strip down and refurb. I have never used them and the previous owner had them sat on a shelf for sometime, originally removed from a TR3. I bought a refurbed set of HS6 carbs from Mr Turner which I will fit to my car.

Regards

Ade

4 hours ago, DesNoble said:

Regards.

Des.  

"Another possibility would be if you had a complete set of HS6 carbs"

Des - I have - how about a set of these HS6's? The H6 set up was sold at Ambergate ( the Strombergs are still available if anyone is interested):

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/classified/4816/H6-HS6-Stromberg-175CD-Carburettor-Sets-with-Manifolds-Linkages-Fully-Reconditioned-to-Concours-standard-For-Sale

Cheers Rich

Good afternoon gents, (Ade, Rich and Dave).

Firstly, Dave I now know what a PM is.

Secondly, Ade and Rich, I've just had a conversation with Andrew Turner and there is a possibility that I can use a pair of pistons and dashpots which I already have with a minor modification, so that will be my first port of call. In the meantime thank you for your responses which I will bear in mind. 

Rich those carbs look fantastic. I could be sorely tempted, but I'll go with Andrew's advice initially.

Thank you guys.

Best regards.

Des. 

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.