Float bowl lid and fuel line routing

Hi all, 

First post here.  I'm doing a frame-up restoration of TS22605LO (very early 3A).  Just restored the carburetors, but I'm confused by the float bowl lids and fuel lines.  I have the lids with banjo connections.  Most of the pictures and illustrations I've found show the style with push-on fittings.  The only pictures I have seen of this style are on small mouth TR3's, so could mine be original given how early it is?  And assuming it is original, does the fuel line between the carbs route above the carbs or below?

Thanks, Joel

This shows how they go I think.

Stuart.

international 010.jpg

Edited by stuart

Above the carbs as Stuarts picture of a TR2 shews if with rigid fuel pipes.

However….
On a TR3 the float lid connection is on the opposite side and your fuel lines will be flexible braided type I am suspecting. 

My memory says the fuel hose went downwards on the air cleaner side of the carbs.  Like a small mouth TR3.

(same carbs)  but then again photo searches offer both routes.   

two images here.  How the lid was orientated I am not sure.

13248B5D-1937-44C1-9B0D-137EFFC2B3B5.jpeg

68A29E86-6990-4ACE-A521-03E9E970AB26.jpeg

B8F55614-20DC-4D16-B879-9235CAA046D8.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

My 3A has the braided flexible pipes and is fitted under the carbs as in the red car photo in the shadow. After years of problems with leaks this has proved successful and in terms of fuel supply my car is working very well. I have had the fuel pump overhauled by Dave Davies and he makes a quality overhaul and special washers.

Good luck 

Richard & B

Thank you, everyone.  My float lid is like the green car in Peter's post, and the chassis number is close to Iain's, so I think that's the way I'll do it.  You guys have shot yourselves in the foot - given these helpful responses, I'll be asking lots more questions!

Joel

10 hours ago, Autoheart said:

Thank you, everyone.  My float lid is like the green car in Peter's post, and the chassis number is close to Iain's, so I think that's the way I'll do it.  You guys have shot yourselves in the foot - given these helpful responses, I'll be asking lots more questions!

Joel

Glad we could help.  Keep ‘em coming.
It is a bit competitive on here, to see who gets to answer correctly first ……