Throttle rods and swivel posts for CP and CR

Wow…

I have the ball joint version (item 84), works really well, for a third of the price.

Waldi

These do look good. On mine one of the lower swivel joints floats (is not screw threaded) and the front and back are thread. Not sure if this new SS set up gives that option. My recollection was it made set up easier having one that floated but can’t quite remember what I did now. Expensive but price is for all three and shiny new :). Tempting.

Bit of a joke if I say so myself there can't be more than £20 worth of material max. Think I'd de-rust what I had and re-plate them.

Just saying.

I’ve been remaking these for quite a while now. I do them for TR5, TR6 CP and CR, and also for Mk1 & 2 PI saloons. I also remake original spec countershafts, fast idle cam assemblies, butterfly spindles etc for all of the models. My rod assemblies are mild steel with zinc yellow passionate as original. Reckon I should put my prices up though! Also worth pointing out on a more serious note. I always believed that the swivel posts were the sacrificial part that wears and can be replaced cheaply. If you make these in stainless the wear will be in the countershaft and butterfly spindle levers which are more expensive to replace. 
Martin https://fredmillturnparts.com/throttle-linkage-rod-assemblies/

3 hours ago, marting said:

. If you make these in stainless the wear will be in the countershaft and butterfly spindle levers which are more expensive to replace. 
Martin https://fredmillturnparts.com/throttle-linkage-rod-assemblies/

Moss are also in the process of doing all those in stainless as well.

Stuart.

14 hours ago, PodOne said:

Bit of a joke if I say so myself there can't be more than £20 worth of material max. Think I'd de-rust what I had and re-plate them.

Just saying.

Small volume manufacturing is always going to expensive though.

Stuart.