Mounting body to chassis TR4A IRS

When mounting the body back onto the chassis what is the normal practice for the position of the rubber and c- Aluminium spacers i.e. Rubber to chassis or to body. Does it matter? In some line diagrams on line I have seen  rubber washers shown on either side of c washer.

does it make any sense to glue any of the rubber washers to chassis to keep them in position when mounting the body?

can anybody give me some ideas on what is best practice?

thanks

Gareth

I recently put the car's body back onto my chassis and used reinforced-rubber on either side of any spacer.  I feel the rubber serves as gaskets to help prevent road spray / moisture ingress into the car's interior, and otherwise they accommodates any irregularity in surface and angle of either the floor or chassis bracket.  I've also added reinforced-rubber gaskets on the inside of the body tub, under the body washers ..for the same reasons. 

Pete.

Edited by Bfg
13 hours ago, Malbaby said:

Has anyone used high density plastic/nylon sheet instead of the rubber and metal combination.

No as there would be no insulation from noise.

Stuart.

17 hours ago, Gareth Davies said:

When mounting the body back onto the chassis what is the normal practice for the position of the rubber and c- Aluminium spacers i.e. Rubber to chassis or to body. Does it matter? In some line diagrams on line I have seen  rubber washers shown on either side of c washer.

does it make any sense to glue any of the rubber washers to chassis to keep them in position when mounting the body?

can anybody give me some ideas on what is best practice?

thanks

Gareth

Generally where there is an ally washer then you need rubber both sides, sometimes thats not possible if its too thick so you can either mill the ally washer down a bit or remove the rubber from chassis side. The only exception seems to be the parcel shelf mount for the spring bridge on 5 and 6 chassis where originally there was just the one ally washer.

Yes good idea to glue the mounts in place to help when fitting the body, the factory did that too.

Stuart.