Rear Springs

Hi,

Trying to identify & find out the rate on my rear springs, they're red, 9.5" long and 15mm dia, only other ref on them is CHR 65 which has been hand written. Fronts are TT4102, ride height is fine but looking to go stiffer but I would like to know where I'm starting from.

Many thanks

Andy

18 hours ago, andyhall said:

Hi,

Trying to identify & find out the rate on my rear springs, they're red, 9.5" long and 15mm dia, only other ref on them is CHR 65 which has been hand written. Fronts are TT4102, ride height is fine but looking to go stiffer but I would like to know where I'm starting from.

Many thanks

Andy

Andy, do you have any splashes of coloured paint on them? That's usually how they are marked.

Andy

Fronts :

pn color code spring rate
tt4102 PY 420lb 5.75" fitted length

Rears:

Can't really tell from your description but a 9.5" spring is a tt4211 WY 390lb  9.5"

Stiffer springs are usually shorter, I had problems with my car bottoming out on speed bumps when lower /stiffer fitted so just check ground clearance.

Alan

6 hours ago, barkerwilliams said:

Stiffer springs are usually shorter, I had problems with my car bottoming out on speed bumps when lower /stiffer fitted so just check ground clearance.

Alan

You can fit thicker, up to 12mm, poly spring insulators to adjust ride height