Unless your short armed then dont go for an adjustable wheel plus it also needs a different top column inner.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, phil farnden said:

i,ve got the conversion kit that was advertised for sale on this forum which includes the steering column,also the horn and indicator adaptor to retain the original setup,hopefully!!!

Quite probably but I will say it again, unless your short armed then dont go for an adjustable steering wheel as they only adjust towards you and start off a little closer too plus they need a specific top section of column which is not interchangeable (The upper outer tube is the same for both versions).

Stuart.

My second TR2, purchased in 1964, had an adjustable steering column which, because I am short in the legs, brought the wheel almost against my chest.

Stuart is correct in his advice - I butchered the column of my TR2 in order to remove the unwanted section of column, and then was able to drive the car.

Ian Cornish

7 hours ago, stuart said:

Quite probably but I will say it again, unless your short armed then dont go for an adjustable steering wheel as they only adjust towards you and start off a little closer too plus they need a specific top section of column which is not interchangeable (The upper outer tube is the same for both versions).

Stuart.

short armed,short legged and short arsed!!!

12 hours ago, phil farnden said:

short armed,short legged and short arsed!!!

Adjustable wheel will definitely make it worse then as Ian attested above, if you`re short in the leg you need the seat closer to the pedals and so the wheel would be even closer to your chest.

Stuart.

To answer the original question, I saw 2 TR2/3 steering wheels on ebay yesterday. Why not have a look?

Ciao,

David