Valve Spring Collar - Ti

from here:

Today I received 2 sets of my own fabricated Titan Spring Collars...more to come

Weight 15.4 gr vs 23.2 gr.

The collars sits approx. 0.45 mm heigher, so the collet sits nice and solid.

Jochem

VentiltellerTitanEingebaut.jpg

VentiltellerTitanGewicht.jpg

VentiltellerOriginalGewicht.jpg

VentiltellerTitan.jpg

Edited by JochemsTR

for us in Germany, even the steel ones are not readily available. Only the aluminium version ones, which are actually very expensive. And, in my opinion, are not suitable for this application. No matter 7075 alloy or whatever.

I can manufacture these parts also from steel. But I might as well use Titan. Machining time however, increases. Goodparts in US offers these Titan collars. I can stay well below his pricing. In addition, none of the suppliers are mentioning the type of alloy they are using.

Jochem

On 11/29/2021 at 4:09 AM, JochemsTR said:

for us in Germany, even the steel ones are not readily available. Only the aluminium version ones, which are actually very expensive. And, in my opinion, are not suitable for this application. No matter 7075 alloy or whatever.

I can manufacture these parts also from steel. But I might as well use Titan. Machining time however, increases. Goodparts in US offers these Titan collars. I can stay well below his pricing. In addition, none of the suppliers are mentioning the type of alloy they are using.

Jochem

Interested !