3A running very rich

My 3A has been running very rich for a while so I decided to carry out a full overhaul of the twin SU H6’s. There is no improvement and the car is still running very rich even with the jet screwed up tight and level with the face of the carb casing. Needles are set properly, float level set properly. Cant fathom this one! Any ideas?

Do the pistons rise easily, are the right springs fitted, are the right jets / needles fitted.

Is the choke mechanism returning to the off position properly

Are the air filters blocked

Bob.

Sounds similar to the problem I had which originally was due to the overflow hole in the float chamber lids being blocked and the chambers pressurised.

Later I had a problem with the pattern part fuel pump having too much pressure and overcoming the Grosse float jets I had fitted. Initially cured by fitting a pressure regulator, but then later by going back to the original float jets and removing the pressure regulator.

Ralph