I have a lefthand drive 6. I adjusted the bonnet release after aligning the bonnet up. I checked it opened on the release then did a final tighten. Now it won't open! I had a secondary release for the catch and that worked but the bonnet did not pop up. I tired gentle leverage but don't want to damage the paint job no joy

Any ideas to get it open again would be welcome. I did think of cutting an access panel alongside the glove box (LHD) but that would be a last resort

Hi

You are not the only one that have had this problem.

I drilled a 40 mm hole from underneath the footwell with a cup-drill (You see it with the rubber-grommet in place). Then it was easy to open the bonnet with a long screwwdriver. And when the bonnet was open I of course made an emergency-release, which goes through an existing bolt to the footwell.

Cheers Tage

IMG_0665.JPG

Edited by 15eren

Try pulling the emergency leaver and at the same time push the bonnet at the location of the catch down.

There was a thread about this about a year ago, best to search with google.

Waldi

Sometimes driving slowly over bumpy ground with a passenger pulling the release handle works. If there is some play in the bonnet hinges then pushing and pulling the front of the bonnet with a passenger pulling the release handle may work. The thing to avoid is levering up the corner of the bonnet next to the latch as that buggers the bonnet permanently. 

David