Engine mounting plate scoring from chai tensioner

Hi all

I getting ready to rebuild the engine when bits come back machine shop and have found the front engine plate has been work by the cam chain tensioner (see photos) the grove is about 1.5 mm deep, do I need to mig up and grind back or is this OK as it is?. 

Many thanks for any help

Adrian

IMG_20210725_164154.jpg

IMG_20210725_164143.jpg

15 minutes ago, Adrian Fuller said:

Hi all

I getting ready to rebuild the engine when bits come back machine shop and have found the front engine plate has been work by the cam chain tensioner (see photos) the grove is about 1.5 mm deep, do I need to mig up and grind back or is this OK as it is?. 

Many thanks for any help

Adrian

IMG_20210725_164154.jpg

IMG_20210725_164143.jpg

Definitely weld and grind flat 

And check the inside of your timing cover where the tensioner rubs, mine was so deeply scored you could nearly see through it.  Another small area to weld and grind back although you need a Dremel to get right into the corner and do a smooth job on it.

Rgds Ian

Also make sure the whole front plate is flat as well, theres a lot of very slightly bent ones around that give annoying oil leaks.

Stuart.