Preventing corrosion under clutch and brakes in bulkhead

That is a really good idea... much better than repainting every number of years... Marco, How did you build it?. I was thinking to use thin aluminium plate, but the corners would not be liquid proof... If wasps and mosquitoes would also like brake fluid it would also be great for pest control...

9 minutes ago, Efuentes said:

That is a really good idea... much better than repainting every number of years... Marco, How did you build it?. I was thinking to use thin aluminium plate, but the corners would not be liquid proof... If wasps and mosquitoes would also like brake fluid it would also be great for pest control...

Use thin mild steel eg.  0.5mm Tin and solder the joints.

Roger

59 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Use thin mild steel eg.  0.5mm Tin and solder the joints.

Roger

+ 1, that works fine,

but I used a material called "Titanzink" at Germany, used by plumbers for tin roofs and rain gutters,

you can't imagine how easy it is to solder, even more simple than mild steel.

If wanted I post a sketch (have to look for it).

Marco

Edited by Z320

Many thanks. I will try that. From the applications you mention, Titanzink (by the way, that is a great name... sounds like a super hero) must be some type of galvanized steel

"Titanzink" is mainly zinc with some copper and titan, no steel at all,

it is not magnetic, soft and not brittle like pure zink, good the bend and extremely good to solder.

It is more durable than zinc coated sheet steel and expands less (what is a huge benefit in the sun on roofs).

All sheet metal on roofs at Germany (I've been told also at France and Paris) are made of this material,

perhaps the name at Spain is different.

Edited by Z320

my intention was never any worry about paint or rust,

it was to realize a leak not on my trousers or the carpet, to come to a realistic assessment

and to drive on "without worry" until a repair is possible

Edited by Z320