Can anybody suggest a material and supplier for the black felt material which is about 12mm thick and is fitted between the bonnet and the strengthening members on the Michelotti cars please. 
Many thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim, I have one of the Bastuck bonnets, and a very faithful reproduction it is too, but it has no felt in that joint just a pliable mastic compound, can't help feeling that the felt is a great source of retained damp and consequential rust to the front of many a Michelotti bonnet.

Cheers Rob

15 minutes ago, jerrytr5 said:

This was my initial thought Jerry. I have some sheets of 20mm thick black foam which I thought would be ideal when cut to 45mm wide. It is quite dense and very difficult to compress or even cut to correct profile accurately.

Cheers,

Tim

13 minutes ago, Rob Salisbury said:

Hi Tim, I have one of the Bastuck bonnets, and a very faithful reproduction it is too, but it has no felt in that joint just a pliable mastic compound, can't help feeling that the felt is a great source of retained damp and consequential rust to the front of many a Michelotti bonnet.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob. I’m sure the damp retention is an issue. Gaps on my bonnet are quite large to get mastic in. No rush so will keep thinking.

Many thanks for input,

Tim