Good afternoon chaps,

I am seeking help to try and track down the correct oil filter for my TR2. I have been searching for almost a year with limited success.

The problem is when I cross reference the old filter the searches come up with the wrong filter. The 16mm thread is correct but the rubber seal is always in the wrong position.

The original filter is a Power Train filter PMFL 14 with a built in non return valve. The only filter I have found that fits has no return valve from SC Parts group with SCHRAUbkartusche 1450895. The filter is half the size of the original. I am concerned it might damage the engine in some way.

I would be most grateful if anyone knows the current day equivalent to the Power Train filter.

I have attached a photo.

Thanks in adavance

Grant

IMG_4540.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Grant Coulson said:

Good afternoon chaps,

I am seeking help to try and track down the correct oil filter for my TR2. I have been searching for almost a year with limited success.

The problem is when I cross reference the old filter the searches come up with the wrong filter. The 16mm thread is correct but the rubber seal is always in the wrong position.

The original filter is a Power Train filter PMFL 14 with a built in non return valve. The only filter I have found that fits has no return valve from SC Parts group with SCHRAUbkartusche 1450895. The filter is half the size of the original. I am concerned it might damage the engine in some way.

I would be most grateful if anyone knows the current day equivalent to the Power Train filter.

I have attached a photo.

Thanks in adavance

Grant

IMG_4540.jpeg

Hi Grant 

You might want to take a look at this TR Register thread which discusses different length filters and those with a non return valve fitted.

Kevin

Is it really a 16mm thread or do you mean 3/4 x 16tpi  (UNF)?   I think 16mm is rather unusual and the cross-reference does show the PMFL14 as being 3/4 UNF. 

I use K&N HP 2009 which has the valve and the longer body. 

Edited by RobH

Like this. In sideways view the rubber is about 3mm above the edge of the can.

The inner diameter of the seal is 2.3 inches (58.5mm) and the outer diameter is  2.75 inches (70mm)

Do you know which screw-on filter adaptor is fitted to your car?  Mine is the Moss one. 

oilf.jpg.cedc45fe3ee0e0e29921313c4263a1d0.jpg

Edited by RobH