Cooling system cleaning

I have a non TR engine cooling system I want to clean, non aluminium parts, its got blue antifreeze in at the moment but is very brown in colour, what is going to be the best product to use/get the system clean again, to get it back to a good condition, so I can put some new blue antifreeze back in, and to stay blue?

Are the std radiator flush liquids really any good, Holts or others, are any of these better than others?

I don't have access to Fernox here, which would perhaps be my choice, but other boiler system cleaners here are silly money, are there any other products to consider please?

John

Get 10 litres of 'own-brand' coca cola from your local supermarket, drain the the current coolant, refill with cola, run the engine rad-cap off to get things warm and thermostat to open....after 20 mins drain the cola our & flush well with water...then refill with proper coolant.

2 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi John,

Flush out with clean water.

Then add a couple of bottles of RadFlush run for a couple of days and then drain and flush with water.

Add a 50% mix of BlueCol etc

Roger

Roger 

Radflush is now a two stage process