Gates Barricade Fuel Hose: the ‘VuVuZela’ returns!

Andrew,

Had the same problem with a mates TR5. The set up from tank, petrol tap to bullet filter plumbed in Stainless braided outer, teflon lined inner then Pump. Pump to PRV in stainless braided outer, inner teflon lined. This worked really well and then decided to scream at me after a run to get it MOT-eed. Same symptoms as you with what sounded like a horn blowing even when engine stopped then running the pump with out engine running. I get my local hydraulic high pressure hose company to make these up.

After reading how you cured this, I changed the bullet paper filter for the stainless gauze one. The stainless braided one (teflon inner) pump to PRV I changed to high pressure 100% ethanol proofed rubber hose with proper swaged ends made up by my local hydraulic company. The hose I got from Advanced Fluid Solutions. The hose is rated at 10 bar with a burst test at 20bar so man enough for 100psi (10 bar = 145 psi) so am am told.

Switched on, silence.Started TR and ran it. No noise from pump and no more screaming at me. I really hope the harmonics are now gone.

Thanks for the heads up on this and the filter element change especially.

Regards Harry

20210528_134349_resized.jpg

20210528_134433_resized.jpg

Harry,

As a matter of interest which pump are you using, can you give us a part number please.  I'm surprised you can get enough flow out of the pump with that banjo fitting on the pressure out side.

John

That is how it came. I changed the banjo so I can fit Jic6 connections to it. I have a proper fuel pressure gauge and it is fine. Not sure what the pump is but it has a non return valve

on the outlet. It has been running for years and was in the boot area before I moved it.

Regards Harry

Nice set-up Harry.

It minimizes fuel hoses (smell) in the boot and also adds some cooling. Why didn’t I build it like this;)

Cheers,
Waldi

On 7/28/2021 at 3:11 PM, harrytr5 said:

then to this, "shush" and hope it stays like that !

Regards Harry

20210728_145103_resized.jpg

20210728_145130_resized.jpg

I like the set-up Harry, I've been thinking of mounting onto the chassis (like my old Bosch 996 was back in the early 80s) - have you got wheel arch liners or something fitted to stop the rain and road grime coating the pump, pipework and electrical connectors?

Cheers, Andrew