What is "time" ?

Time...is what Einstein said " prevents everything happening in the same instance".

Mick Richards

Implications

The chances of bench measurements revealing aberrant time may be slim, its gamble. But what if it works? and we see time flowing at say 2secs per ambient second. Is the gamble worth the effort? The implications suggest , yes.

Demonstrating that crop formations with anomalous tiem cannot be human constructs raises the question: who? and why ? The bench data will offer no answers. The links with UFO occupants and CFs is tenuous but to have two groups of non-human intelligences seems profligate. Are CFs a testing routine for beam weapons? of just doodling? or lures to attract humans to study? UFO acivities strike fear in us, but CFs are regarded with wonder. There is no doubt time anomalies in CFs will opne up high strangeness events to study by any scientist who chooses, although deeper insights into "ET" are unlikely.

A demonstration that time can flow at rates other then "1 sec per ambient  second" will blow apart the Block Universe and SR will be seen to be incomplete. It will lend support to Smolin's idea that the fundamental forces of nature can evolve. At present phyiscs cannot explain why many fundamental parameters are exquistelt tuned to allow matter to exist. David Davies book "The Goldilocks Enigma" describe this unaswered ,mystery.  However Smolin proposes that flowing time allows these constants of nature to evolve.

Dark Matter that is supposed to prevent galxies from flying apert is based upon observations thhat peripheral stars are mving ca 5 times too fast for the gravity of the central stars to hold thme in. If time flow for those galaxies were 5-fold expanded with respec to terrestrail time, the velocty anomaly vanishes. The lensing effect attribute to DM would also be explicable by time anomaly.( note that the speed of light slows in transparent media eg glass)

In short, the impact of measuring anomalous time would be significant. Fingers crossed we can   get CF materail this summer.

Peter

She uses unspecified "Laws of nature" as a premise. Block time is unstated but at the root of the quandary. Her description of free will ignores information and is limited to human actions. Agreed a pebble has no free will, but an amoeba does: it repsonds to its environment , has a rudimentary memory for pprefiosu events and is able to mofiy its behaviuor. Hundreds of million of years of evolution have endowed most organisms with an ability to repsond to environmental cues:  free wiil by another name. Information is held in the particles of matter and each action is assessed by comparing a host of inputs to decide appprpirate action. ifa tiger appeared behind h er she'd soon act appropriately, her particles having used the information to allow her  to decide to run away.  Her dogma ignores not onlly ehe xtrme complexity of information processsing in even the "simples"  forms of life. but the likely incomplete nature of the laws of nauture eg relativity (entanglement) the nature of time etc. Bohr's Copenhagen interpretation of QM also stultifed physics (" shut up an calculate") for decades with such dogmatic assertions. Of course life has free will...its the laws of nature that are incomplete. Of course time flows, it is relatvity that is incomplete. Yet Carlo Rovelli tries to tell us thst time flows vecassue we have a memoery and that enables us to predict imminent events, givng us the impression that time flows. He too fails to question blovk time. BUT if tiem does not flow and all past and future is there already life would have had no selctive pressure to evolve a memory. Predetermination of block time denies evolution. If the Block universe were real, we could not evolve, nor could any form of life.  The flow of time is key to life, block time cannot be real.

High strangeness events that involve "lifting" are common. Linda Cortile was lifted up a beam of light to a UFO watched by two security men and the UN Sec Gen Perez de Cuellar. Three men in a canoe in NY State were elevated up a beam, and returned down it. Villlagers on an island in the Amazon sensed being sampled by a thin light beam. Light beams that are sawn-off at the end  and that extend slowly froma ufo hint at something other than a beam of projected light, but what ?  Lifting beams may consist of projected slowed time. The Nobelist Kip Thorne descibes gravity as " you fall to where time flows slowest". Indeed this aspect of General relativity has beenmeasured many times: eg clocks tick lsower on a mountain compared with valleys. But projecting a beam of slowed time is technically impossible to humans. Where does the light come from? It may be infrared light passing from ambient time inot the edge of the beam of slowed time ( expanded time, dilated time). By analogy with the Cerenkov effect the infra-red photons are  then travelling too fast ( exceeding speed of light) and shed energy as light. In daylight this Cerenkovlight may be too dim to see, and was not described when Guy Poifourcat;s horse was liftedby a small ufo.

In the Amazon incidents roofs made of clay tiles were rendered transparent such that stars could be seen. Could it be that the time local in the tiles was altered such that   starlight turned into clay-permeant radio waves and back again ? withina layer of aberrant tiem flow the thickness of the roof.

Bending beams of light has been described in a NY searclight and car headlights ( see talk). In transparent solids light slows down according to the refractiive index.The speed of light c is constant at 300,000 km/sec only in vacuum. Maybe beams of projcted slowed time ( ie expanded or dilated) generated by the ufo caused these rare phenomena.

The other high strengeness phenomena involve space and  extra dimension,,,,,,,,,,,

Peter

1 minute ago, Peter Cobbold said:

High strangeness events that involve "lifting" are common. Linda Cortile was lifted up a beam of light to a UFO watched by two security men and the UN Sec Gen Perez de Cuellar. Three men in a canoe in NY State were elevated up a beam, and returned down it. Villlagers on an island in the Amazon sensed being sampled by a thin light beam. Light beams that are sawn-off at the end  and that extend slowly froma ufo hint at something other than a beam of projected light, but what ?  Lifting beams may consist of projected slowed time. The Nobelist Kip Thorne descibes gravity as " you fall to where time flows slowest". Indeed this aspect of General relativity has beenmeasured many times: eg clocks tick lsower on a mountain compared with valleys. But projecting a beam of slowed time is technically impossible to humans. Where does the light come from? It may be infrared light passing from ambient time inot the edge of the beam of slowed time ( expanded time, dilated time). By analogy with the Cerenkov effect the infra-red photons are  then travelling too fast ( exceeding speed of light) and shed energy as light. In daylight this Cerenkovlight may be too dim to see, and was not described when Guy Poifourcat;s horse was liftedby a small ufo.

In the Amazon incidents roofs made of clay tiles were rendered transparent such that stars could be seen. Could it be that the time local in the tiles was altered such that   starlight turned into clay-permeant radio waves and back again ? withina layer of aberrant tiem flow the thickness of the roof.

Bending beams of light has been described in a NY searclight and car headlights ( see talk). In transparent solids light slows down according to the refractiive index.The speed of light c is constant at 300,000 km/sec only in vacuum. Maybe beams of projcted slowed time ( ie expanded or dilated) generated by the ufo caused these rare phenomena.

The other high strengeness phenomena involve space and  extra dimension,,,,,,,,,,,

Peter

B****r, brain fade.   Clocks ticks FASTER up a mountain.

image.png.d9d482907ccd4b5c566970b06ce918e2.png

• 2 weeks later...

High strangeness events someitmes hint at extra dimensions of space. Theoetical physics has long been attempting to determine extra space dimensions byond our familaiir three. String theory posits around 11 dimensions most of them extremely compactified, Unfortunately the maths leads to many dozens of different solutions and all are untestable with foreseeable techniques and the steam has goen out of the field. A fourth dimension has been proposed to explain the extreme weakness of gravity, and another theoretician proposes an extra dimension fo space and of time. It ahd been hope the Large hadron Collider would reveal extra space dimensions but to date has drawn a blank.  Current interest lies in the Holographic Principle that I attmepted to explain in a U3A talk here:

https://supertrarged.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/einstein-101-pdf-v4-no-notes-with-refs.pdf

Like time, space is so  fundamental that  its nature is a long way from being understood. My interest in high strangness events is partyl because they hint at space being manipulated. UFO phenomena may hold clues to extra dimensions.  Objects vanish without flyig away, craft  are seen to enter rock faces, solid-looking objects change shape. A few examples are in  the talk: slides 62-72

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ctf3J2CeWKlE5iPCuHyS0dj4MNoxxJq9/view

abductees often report being floated though a closed door or window or even a wall. One woman in Nebraska recalled seeing the debris i the wall cavity, Another watched his reflection while passing though a mirror. The closest I cna find in physics is the behaviour of Bose-Einstein condensates at ultral cold temperatures a few thousandths of a degree above absolute zero. At these temperatures atomic motion is near zero, and motion depends upon time...perhaps an extreme compaction of time is important in these strange events too.

Sadly UFO phenomena are shunned by most scientists, including myself until I started reading. I get replies "I'll beleive it when I see it " from colleagues. Yet the vast majority trust implicitly published research thay ahve never seen themlsleves. Science depedns upon trust, even refereesa re easily fooled. So why do thay not trust the host of reports of high strangeness events? Avi Loeb, an eminent prof of cosmology at Havard in his recent book laments the straiy jacket imposed by peer review at every stage of science: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extraterrestrial-Search-Intelligent-Beyond-Earth/dp/1529304822/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=avi+loeb&link_code=qs&qid=1613922925&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-1&tag=firefox-uk-21   His book is a condemnation of the over conservative stance that science in general has got itsefl into, a denail of true exploaration and encouragemnt of next step, salami sliced investigation.

The resulting exclusion of high strangeness events from mainstream science offers an opportunity for the lone scientist. To me the biology of the UFO occupants is the most interesting, and possibly the most threatening. In the next and final post we ask who they are,where do  thay coem from and why are they here and why is sampling human gametes so important.

Who are they and where are they from? The occupants of UFOs fall into a range of morphologies, from the “grays” to those indistinguishable from humans. The widespread assumption that UFOs are extraterrestrials (ET) travelling across the galaxy to visit earth is not supported by the observations we have. The eminent UFO researcher Dr Jacques Vallee came to this conclusion 30 years ago, positing that UFO-nauts are inter-dimensional beings:

https://www.jacquesvallee.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Five_Arguments_Against_the_Extraterrestr-1.pdf

My interpretation of the vestigial biological information publicly available that the “grays” are not alien enough to be ET and that we need to consider the possibility of co-evolution with terrestrial life across extra dimensions of space. The anatomy of a typical “gray” resembles a giant first trimester human embryo. Grays are bipedal with an upright stance, a feature that evolved a few million years ago in early humans. To me it is too much of a temporal coincidence that, out fo the 13 billion year life of the universe, or of 4 billion year life of the solar system, that UFO-nauts should so closely resemble humans. I have no problem envisaging intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy but for it to be here, now, and bearing remarkably anthropoid features is too coincidental. The one non-human UFO-naut we have medical information on is described in the talk: blood resembled human, bone was recognisably osteoporotic etc. The modus operandi of grays abducting humans is rather limited, and focused upon extraction of gametes, artificial insemination and extraction of early foetuses. Serial abductees have reported being introduced to their hybrid child. Such biological compatibility would not be expected to arise by chance between terrestrial life and ET life. Rather it points to a degree of shared evolution between terrestrial life and extra-dimensional life (ED). In his books Dr David Jacobs , through interviews with hundreds of abductees, has uncovered a spectrum of UFO-associated life forms from a archetypal “gray” to humans. He is convinced that hybridisation is occurring and is central to the UFO phenomenon. No conceivable tech could allow hybridisation without a fundamental evolutionary commonality of basic cell biology ( DNA, chromosomes etc) ET could not hybridise with terrestrial life, but with ED it might be feasible given dimensions of space that science has yet to discover. This post is a thumbnail sketch of the subject, and books by Hopkins, Mack and Jacobs are recommended reading.

The late journalist Georgina Bruni who wrote a book on the famous Rendlesham Forest 1980 UFO events had the opportunity at a social function to ask Prime Minister Thatchcr about them, and received the reply “You can't tell the people”.

==========

Should we be told : Y or N ?

Peter

You are probably a subscriber, Peter, but just in case, the next issue of New Scientist will include an article by Julian Barbour, whose 'Janus point' theory argues that from such a point, like the Big Bang, time flows in two directions.      Instead of increasing entropy, as a disordered Universe drives time, he argues that it is increasing complexity as matter clumps into galaxies, planets and animals that provides direction.

This issue of NS is dated 6th March, but is available online from this evening (1800, 3/3/21).

3 hours ago, john.r.davies said:

You are probably a subscriber, Peter, but just in case, the next issue of New Scientist will include an article by Julian Barbour, whose 'Janus point' theory argues that from such a point, like the Big Bang, time flows in two directions.      Instead of increasing entropy, as a disordered Universe drives time, he argues that it is increasing complexity as matter clumps into galaxies, planets and animals that provides direction.

This issue of NS is dated 6th March, but is available online from this evening (1800, 3/3/21).

Tks John, copy not arrived yet, shall look forward to reading. I am aware of complexity theories but do not understand how it 'works'.  In some way it may chime with Smolin-Gomes event-driven time, since complexity presumably involves  sequences of events. Smolin likes the idea of applying biological evolution concepts to the universe to explain the growth in complexity, but that requires a selective pressure and that has no obvious correlate in physics. Have ordered Barbours book.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Well...have read and re-read the NS article, and started his book, but struggle to paraphrase them.  He clearly thinks time really flows so the block  unicerse gets no mention. And he focuuses on Newtonian gravity as being the generator of complexity and that drives time forward. At the big bang, if I get him right, all stuff compacts to a unique smallest possible configuration under gravity. This configuration disperses (Im  nto clear as to why) and the simple unique state grows into stars, galaxies, stirngs of galaxies....ie the shape of matter becomes more complex and that is the source of the flow of time.    The Janus concept proposes that time can also flow backwards...but I;m not clear yet iif that constiutes another universe, I'll read the book.

==========

I still reckon its worth testing crop circle plants and soil for anomalous flow of time.  A measuremt would be worth a billion words of theory. If you  are interested in helping and live in cc country pls send me a PM

Peter

For time  travel enthusiasts, a new concept that does not need wormholes. At present a mathematical construct:

https://scitechdaily.com/breaking-the-warp-barrier-for-faster-than-light-travel-new-theoretical-hyper-fast-solitons-discovered/

2020 was the year of staying in bubbles, flying in a  warp bubble sounds fun. Even so, after you....

Peter

Hi Peter:

I have to admit I have not really read all the information here, but the title of the thread reminded me that the time question has fascinated my father for his whole life (he is now 92), and his ultimate conclusion is that "time is change".  Does that fit in with any of the theories that you have gathered?

Cheers

Dan

Edited by 2long
13 minutes ago, 2long said:

Hi Peter:

I have to admit I have not really read all the information here, but the title of the thread reminded me that the time question has fascinated my father for his whole life (he is now 92), and his ultimate conclusion is that "time is change".  Does that fit in with any of the theories that you have gathered?

Cheers

Dan

Dan,  The textbook explanation would not I suspect satisfy your father as in the "block universe" of Einsteins relativity all future change is already in place, eveything has happened. We would have no free will.  Other physicist fall back on time flow as an illusion ( we ahve memories for the past but not the future so time appears to us to flow) Rubbish!   It is only in the past decade or so that the flow of time has been deemed to be real and by a small minority of adventurous theoretical physicists eg Smolin, Barbour,) Their approach, that the flow of time is real would agreewith your father. Smolin in particular who proposes that interactions of particles of energy create time-flow and space. So your father's " time is change" is close ! I have yet to find a good talk by Smolin but his collaborator Marina Gomes might help: