Rare, very.

There was a chap in Australia who made some but I can't find a reference to him right now.  One for sale on e-bay $135+$595 from the USA, seller seems to have sold 3 so far. They do come up.

Perhaps a NSF project, I'd buy one.

MikeJ 

6 minutes ago, mikej said:

Rare, very.

There was a chap in Australia who made some but I can't find a reference to him right now.  One for sale on e-bay $135+$595 from the USA, seller seems to have sold 3 so far. They do come up.

Perhaps a NSF project, I'd buy one.

MikeJ 

Me too

mine is a bit scratched and crazed

I have refurbished one very successfully with some Perspex polish. I have yet to do my own!

This stuff https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOVUS-7136-Plastic-Polish-Kit/dp/B00TQ3YMM4/ref=asc_df_B00TQ3YMM4/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310668964056&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6246143516174153067&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045337&hvtargid=pla-699261980363&psc=1

I used a small electric mop with compound and polish mops to make the job a bit less arduous. Also brilliant for reviving headlamp lens covers that have seen better days.

Iain

PS The Alternative is Macys Garage who make, by all accounts, a very nice replacement to the correct specification, which our usual suspects don't. https://www.macysgarage.com/parts-new.htm

Edited by iain