TR3 rear lower closing panel.

35 minutes ago, ianc said:

People get fixated on oil pressure, but what really matters is oil FLOW

It is the flow of oil which both lubricates the surfaces and removes heat from the surfaces.

Ian Cornish

Correct, The Le Mans Bentleys of the 1920`s only ran at 8PSI oil pressure.

Stuart.

FWIW, I completely rebuilt my engine about two years ago and whilst the oil pressure on start up is 70, after the engine has thoroughly warmed up, e.g. 50 miles of high speed cruising, the pressure drops to 20/30psi at idle and about 50psi at 2000 rpm and 70 psi at 2500 rpm. I don’t know why it’s slightly low at 2k but I know everything inside the engine is within tolerance including camshaft and rocker bearings so I have given up worrying about it. 

Rgds Ian

19 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

FWIW, I completely rebuilt my engine about two years ago and whilst the oil pressure on start up is 70, after the engine has thoroughly warmed up, e.g. 50 miles of high speed cruising, the pressure drops to 20/30psi at idle and about 50psi at 2000 rpm and 70 psi at 2500 rpm. I don’t know why it’s slightly low at 2k but I know everything inside the engine is within tolerance including camshaft and rocker bearings so I have given up worrying about it. 

Rgds Ian

+1, exactly the same as I get on my engine which was re built 5000 miles agao.

Ralph