You don't need a screw adaptor to blow them out. Just an old fashioned adaptor that you use to blow up an airbed with a foot pump with the tip cut off so it just fits inside the injector (and a foot pump if you don't have an airline) 

adaptor1.jpg

adaptor2.jpg

On 6/3/2020 at 1:54 PM, c.hydes said:

Roger/Gareth, the o rings were brought from Chris Witor (ID = 4.5 x OD = 8.0 x 1.8 mm Viton) and confirmed by a QA engineer on a shadow graph before I retired. I can only assume that they are correct unless others can say otherwise. I did use plenty of oil, and indeed try pushing hard on the allen key. However I don`t have the facilities that Bruce has developed for setting the pressure, and didn`t want to risk moving the allen key and hence changing the calibration. 

It would be good to sort this out considering how many people have problems, but more importantly how costly it is to have them refurbished (about £30 a pop) !! 

Can anyone confirm the o ring dimensions are correct please?

Colin.   

Hi Colin,

I think the issue here on sizing of O rings is down to Imperial V Metric conversion , as already pointed on this subject. The originals were imperial as that was what the o ring grooves were machined to You are not going to get exactly the same size when converting to metric, they will be slightly larger by a few thou. and this is what makes them more difficult to push in. I always the give the in side of the body a squirt of 3-in one PTFE lube and Vaseline on the valve body and use a wooden dowel to push the valve body fully home. I have been using KMI O rings and they are quite tight.

Bruce.