On 5/1/2020 at 3:22 PM, Motorsport Mickey said:

The previous position and statement were provided by our best medical minds and acted upon by the government, if the scientific thought process changes or the medical advice provided changes I expect the government to take notice of it and change their minds. ...What do you do ?

Mick Richards

My personal view is that there was a conversation in early March along the lines:

Scientific advisor: My report suggests that the public using masks when out and about  could be useful.

Politician: I note your view. However we don't have enough masks for the NHS frontline staff let alone Joe public. So publishing this recommendation at this time is not helpful, because it cannot be implemented. We will come back to this when circumstances permit.

But maybe Yes Minister was entirely fictional.

15 minutes ago, acaie said:

My personal view is that there was a conversation in early March along the lines:

Scientific advisor: My report suggests that the public using masks when out and about  could be useful.

Politician: I note your view. However we don't have enough masks for the NHS frontline staff let alone Joe public. So publishing this recommendation at this time is not helpful, because it cannot be implemented. We will come back to this when circumstances permit.

But maybe Yes Minister was entirely fictional.

Source ?

other than an  entirely slanted political viewpoint that struggles to accept a General election result and looks forward to twisting and manipulating any circumstances over the next 4 years to try and win back the voters who rejected the Labour party wholeheartedly.

I ask again, when the acknowledged experts review the situation and change their minds about what is best to do I EXPECT the government to change their view...what do you do ? I presume from your non answer it is carry on against the advice from experts, which if the government did it you could then claim to be another failure of government !  

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Source: Sheer speculation partly based on my experience of

1) providing expert advice to state sector clients who are rather boxed in;

2) Yes Minister

I have no problem accepting the election result and don't  vote Labour.

1 hour ago, acaie said:

Source: Sheer speculation partly based on my experience of...…………………...Never a good starting position

1) providing expert advice to state sector clients who are rather boxed in; …………………….I hope not based upon the aforesaid speculation

2) Yes Minister …………...A fictional programme written for amusement and exaggeration (although previously as a "partner of various councils" and state sector clients myself I have to admit on the button and damn funny.)

I have no problem accepting the election result and don't  vote Labour...………….Pleased to hear election results are respected by yourself but I can't remember I suggested you voted Labour (but non of my business, everybody votes according to their own wishes).

However I have asked twice previously and I ask again, when the acknowledged experts review the situation and change their minds about what is best to do I EXPECT the government to change their view...what do you do ? I presume from your non answer it is carry on against the advice from experts, which if the government did it you could then claim to be another failure of government ! 

Other posters will have to make their own minds up about what could be your motives for not answering if you again decline to answer upon the 3rd request.

Mick Richards 

• 1 month later...