Bar for driving lights query

Hi guys!

I had a question relating to best ready-made bar to order, to secure driving lights on TR3 (which retains its front bumper).

I ordered from Rimmer two pairs of black 6-inch spots, but forgot to also choose a bar they could be bolted on to. Question is, which specific product would you suggest?

My first thought was a stainless steel badge bar, but, as I recall, they are flimsy and shake about a fair bit, so I reckon that the beams of the spots wouldn't be stable either.

I was wondering if you knew of an alternative fixing and bar. I was imagining a painted black steel bar the 4 spots could be drilled onto, comercially available.

(I realize many of you would fabricate something suitable yourselves, but I can't do that for several reasons, namely, my lack of skills, equipment, and workshop.).

This is in order that I can select an appropriate bar, and then have it delivered within the UK to TR Bitz.

Many thanks,

David

How about the original Triumph factory item? 

Stabilise the lamps with flattened out jubilee clips to the grille screws if needed

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/badge-bar-with-brackets-552399.html

Cheers

Peter W

Thanks very much John and Peter!

Even if with chrome finish, I guess if I go for the bar, I could paint it later in black smooth hammerite (thereby rust-proofing it at same time), to match the spots which are black with black (plastic) stone guards from Rimmer Bros and not blingy 

Edited by DavidBee

I had a look, guys.

Spot on — but gosh! 125 quid. Pricey. Looks solid enough, but chrome is a waste. Wondering if you knew of a reputable motor factor who makes a good black steel angle bracket you can bolt lamps to, for rather less. Maybe I'm dreaming. If it's black, it wouldn't matter if it weren't posh which the Moss one certainly is. As in black, effective, and discreet, almost invisible to the naked eye.

Can’t you just ask trbitz to sort one out for you. I’m sure they could have something in the stores new or used or could even make one up for you to suit your wants and needs, the folks up there are very helpful and making the place work as John S has taken a step back.

as you want them to fit it anyway. 

just a thought. 

You're quite right, Hamish. It's just that I've asked to do so much as part of the bargain, as in an awful lot, that I've reached the point of feeling gingerly about it.

Now having second thoughts, for example, about the ITG foam filters they sourced on my request, to replace the same type which hsd become brittle with age. Now that several people in the know here have consistently warned me against them, as likely fire hazard. See what I mean?

Are these Weber filters ?

you can always agree a price for the extra work and parts.

50 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Yes, thanks, that's a good idea, I'll do that.

On 4/15/2020 at 8:53 AM, Hamish said:

The K&N oval performance filters that fit Webers look smashing, but they cost an arm and a leg at £125 EACH exc VAT.

I came across a far more resonable equivalent made by REDLINE. Has anyone tried it?

Can you suggest non-foam alternatives to ATG performance filters? Which combine effectiveness with more reasonable cost?

Edited by DavidBee
On 4/15/2020 at 8:53 AM, Hamish said:

I shall ask TR Bitz if they have an alternative to K&N oval performance filters that fit Webers. These look smashing, but they cost an arm and a leg at £125 exc VAT. They may have good second-hand ones in their Alladin's cave.

Alternatively, I came across a far more reasonable equivalent, made by REDLINE. Has anyone tried it?

Can you suggest non-foam alternatives to ITG performance filters? Which combine effectiveness with more reasonable cost?

Edited by DavidBee
Misspellings again