Indicator warning light

Having replaced all the TR6CR flasher bulbs with new LEDs, together with a new LED Flasher unit,  the green LED dashboard warning light is bright green when the left hand indicator is working but only a very subdued green when the right hand indicator is working. The green light flashes at the correct speed however and all four indicator (front and rear) LEDs are brightly lit so no problem there it seems.I have checked wiring and earth connections and all seems OK.

Any ideas as to the solution would be welcome.

1 hour ago, TR6 Green Indicator LED said:

Yes it is a direct LED substitute for the 2.2 watt 987 filament bulb.

I think you have misunderstood. The standard wiring configuration for a TR6 has the supply polarity for that bulb inverted depending on which side indicators are working. That does not matter for a conventional bulb as it will work either way round. An LED though is polarity sensitive so will not work properly unless it is a bi-directional device.  A conventional LED replacement is not. You need a special one as DRD and Roger have said or put the normal bulb back.

(There is another way of doing it which involves a diode bridge, but it probably isn't worth the complication unless you are an electronics nerd)

Edited by RobH

I fitted the same reversing polarity indicator bulb, much brighter and easier to see you've left the indicator on if it didn't self cancel. 

Gareth

IMG_20190930_111002_633.thumb.jpg.d5ba5535a66c60b91b1393e48f621668.jpg