Triumph 2500pi to Tr6

The pistons are identical.

Raising power is all about improving the 'breathing' of the engine, plus the compression ratio.

For the second, please see my article on Sideways: http://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/7551-how-to-raise-the-compression-ratio-safely-and-effectively/

For the first, there must be many volumes to consult.    I rather like the work of David Vizard.   You can buy his "Tuning Standard Triumphs over 1300cc" if you are lucky to find one, but the book is available online at: http://auskellian.com/paul/links_files/David Vizard-Tuning Standard Triumph.pdf   That may give you some ideas.

But many suspect that the claimed 150bhp of the TR6 was more hope that reality!   Kas Kastner claimed 200BHP, but that was with many purely racing mods, steel crankshafts  etc.

John

Edited by john.r.davies

For safety you might want to review this other thread also...refer to the current last post by myself, it's about safety so probably a bit boring.

Mick Richards.

2 hours ago, Triumphant34t said:

Hello all,

Im currently looking at rebuilding my triumph 2500 pi and was wondering if instead i could fit tr6 pistons etc into the orginal 2500PI block.

Also how would i increase the horsepower of the 2500pi engine from 125bhp to the TR6 150bhp.

Cheers

Hi,         

Been there, done this years ago with an early 2.5Pi saloon (135BHP), .... but a CP cam (307689) and followers, CP dizzy (214459) and a re-calib. of the metering unit to CP speck along with your choice of pistons (plus 60 used to be available) will get you going in the right direction. It really made a significant difference to the performance.

Chris Witor is the man to talk to with regard to reworking your cylinder head. 

My car, though now sold, has carried on with this spec for over 40 years and spent much of that time with me towing caravans, trailers, sailboards and go-karts around, along with many many trips to Southern France.  

Cheers Rob