Standard Vanguard 28% o/d box queries

IMHO I'm now running a 28* overdrive built by Tom Cox. To my eyes it gives you an increase of 150rpm compared with the 22*. This is not a lot but I have noticed it does effect my "spirited" driving and so have rethought my change down periods/revs etc and I'm hapy with this now......but cruising speed is improved.

Always slight throttle on engaging/disengaging overdrive and heel & toe when braking/coming out of overdrive :) 

The 28% overdrive is a good option for motorway cruising. Works well on the 6 pots as they have more torque. However I'm not convinced the 4 pots are as well suited to the higher ratio.

The A type O/Ds can slam in and out and ideally should be done with some throttle to avoid the sudden jolt to the drive train and your fillings, particularly when disengaging. A bit of mechanical sympathy is required if you want longevity from your car.