Front suspension alignment

Hi all

Started to bolt the front suspension arms back on to the chassis today with Super Pro bushes. The old rear pair of front chassis brackets were replaced as they were mangled and I can't imagine that the alignment was correct which leaves me now with no reference with regard to the number of shims required. The brackets are just bolted up to the chassis brackets with no shims at present.

To get me something like a "straight alignment" has anyone any ideas, or can point me in the direction of a DIY method as to how to set the arms up as a starter? 

The chassis frame is on a rotisserie at present or do I need to wait until the engine/box are in and the suspension is loaded.

Thanks all. Happy Xmas.

Andy  

50 minutes ago, peejay4A said:

My starting point was 2 shims under each bracket. 

+1,      2 shims under each bracket as a starting point(front and rear), ....... I'm in the same position and working with a brand new CTM chassis, any further alignment will have to wait until the body is back on the chassis and it is fully loaded ready for the road.

Cheers Rob

We start with three shims but be aware some of the new shims (If you go that route) are thicker than originals. Also obviously make sure that you have the upper mounting bracket the right way round.

Stuart.

Thanks Pete, Rob and Stuart for the pointers, think I might have just enough for two all round to start with.

Andy