Yet more Fraudulent Activity on E-Bay

I've just had my usual Lunchtime look on E-Bay and noticed yet more Fraudulent listings on E-Bay

This particular seller (MANIEKMR) has numerous Triumph & Sunbeam cars listed (No doubt other makes too?) with one particular TR250 Listed for the Uumpteenth time!!

I have reported a number of the cars to E-Bay, this fraudulent listing practice has been going on for a number of years but seems to be getting more and more common on the E-Bay and Car and Classic sites, typical signs are very cheap buy it now prices and only one Photo listed, with statements like selling on behalf of a family member?

Be careful out there if your on the lookout for a Classic Car.

Regards 

Gary

Thank you Gary for the information, its always good to highlight this fraud in the hope it might save someone from putting a deposit on something that doesn't exist.B)

What the fraudster is looking for is multiple deposits of around 10% of the asking price. 'The buyer has to secure it now as there is a lot of interest' only to never find the car at a location or the seller.

Have EBay come back to you to confirm its removal of the car?

Best wishes,

Mike

When I submitted the comments regarding the Advert being fraudulent, I got an immediate response saying thank you, that's it?

I do know someone local to me who was conned by one of these E-Bay ads on a TR5 a number of years ago.

I always say that if it's to good to be true then 99 times out of a 100 it will be a Con!!:mellow:

Chris-L, Yes just had a look and all the cars on the first page of recently listed Triumphs are scams!!

Posted by a seller (SCAMMER) with the ID - nightrider0_15

I've reported a few of them to E-Bay but this is getting ridiculous?!!!:angry:

As an owner of a Hillman Aerominx, I have a permanent search on ebay running for anything with "Aerominx" in the title.

Several times this week  a green Aerominx (known to the club, & was really being sold recently, but at a realistic price) pops up for sale at a much lower than average price,

an hour later it has gone !

I have reported it, but it it still re-appears. 

Bob.

Bob,

I just did a search for “Aerominx” and 3 identical pictures came up, but all with different (No doubt stolen) seller Ids. Each has a slightly different end date, and if you click on them you get the “Item not found” page.

I would guess that each time you report an ad to eBay, they disable the link.

The bogus seller sees this, so puts the same advert on again, just under a different seller ID

The cycle continues…

I “Think” that by eBay keeping the original listing there, but cutting the link, it makes it pretty obvious that there is something not right with the ad.

If they removed the listing as well as cutting the link all a viewer would see was the latest advert and maybe not be that suspicious.

The really worrying thing about all this is how does the bogus seller get hold of all these genuine user Ids?

Oh…

There is a very tasty “Aerominx” wristwatch for sale as well. Go nicely with your Casio. I’m sure the Aerominx Owner’s Club would be most impressed if you turned up wearing that…

Charlie.

:D:D  Yes, I get notified about that watch fairly often.

The car in question was genuinely for sale on ebay a while ago, but did not sell, as it did not reach the reserve.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hillman-Aero-Minx/232834081478?hash=item3635fe22c6:g:DQsAAOSwzXtbPKmM

Bob.