Hello All,

I’ve just discovered a site that contains details about all the Coventry Triumph factories and the people that worked there.

I’ve done a search here and it does not seem to be mentioned before

(Apologies though if it has.)

www.triumphworks.co.uk

If you click on “Gallery” and “Videos”, there are some interesting pics that I’ve not seen before, maybe of interest to some people here.

(What I love is the constant lack of safety gear. Herald body sections swinging about over the heads of workers and spraying cars with no masks in sight. I’m not condoning such stuff; it’s just amazing how dangerous the job must have been in those days.)

Charlie D

On the TR3 assembly line - it appears there are 2 different coloured chassis light and black.

Were they colour coded to end body colour ?

H

On the TR3 assembly line - it appears there are 2 different coloured chassis light and black.

Were they colour coded to end body colour ?

H

No they were often all sorts of colours depending on what was in the gun, I have seen green cars with blue chassis and blue cars with red chassis.

Stuart.