Chassis / Exhaust Measurement

Hi,

Would someone with a single bore Phoenix system be kind enough to give me a measurement/distance between back box and the round chassis crossmember please?

I need to cut the pipe to the extractor manifold as it isn't a Phoenix one and is significantly longer.

Many thanks,

Colin

Hi Steve,

That would be really helpful Thank you.

I guess the position of the back box on the cross tube too please. I know it is not central so this would help. I can do the final adjustments when the shell is back on but I am trying to get an additional mount near the gearbox if possible.

Thanks,

Colin

This is the setup on my 5 with the Phoenix single box, it was fitted by the PO, it looks like a MG rear exhaust bracket welded to the cross tube.

post-4191-0-83495500-1514622848_thumb.jpgpost-4191-0-26346600-1514622886_thumb.jpg

Sorry first picture is upside down.....

John

Edited by John L

Hi Colin

I hope the following measurements and pictures help. As you can see, the rear of the box is aligned with the cross-member and this gives good clearance for the exhaust under the rear valence and bumper.

A 170mm x 25mm piece of flat bar has been used to attach the 2 mounting straps onto the cross-member. Looking from the rear, the left-hand one is 110mm from the centre of the cross-member and the right-hand one is 240mm away (and 130mm from the chassis box section to its' right). The mounting bracket that goes round the exhaust pipe is slotted, so you have some degree of adjustment there.

I can send you more pictures / better resolution ones if you want - just PM me your email.

Cheers

Steve

post-12975-0-11732800-1514663394_thumb.jpgpost-12975-0-52648000-1514663406_thumb.jpgpost-12975-0-72515600-1514663437_thumb.jpg

Hi Steve. Appreciate all your efforts on this. I have fitted it all now and also have a bracket from the gearbox mount to make it really secure. I have managed to get the back box slightly higher than yours. I'm maybe an inch higher so do you think it may foul on body/bumper or will it be Ok?

Nice TR6 by the way.

Thanks,

Colin

Hi Colin

No problem - I was working under the car yesterday anyway, so it was easy to take the pictures and measurements. The attached picture shows how close mine comes to the rear bumper and valence - I've had no problems with fouling and I guess the only way to see if you do will be a few road trips!

Thanks for the compliment - I did get the underside waxoyled at the end of the summer and the exhaust was fitted at the same time, so still fairly new!

Cheers

Steve

post-12975-0-12325300-1514726628_thumb.jpg