Clutch master cylinder

If anybody has followed Bill Bourne's rebuild of Patience, you will have seen that he ran into a problem with the length of the clutch master cylinder operating pushrod supplied with a replacement MC.

I have the same problem with my RHD MC, however, Bill's solution to use the original operating pushrod is not available to me as I am converting from LHD.

Is there another solution or does anybody have an original pushrod that they would be prepared to sell me?

Thanks

Graeme

I probably have one too Graeme if required but as Alec says can you check length just to be sure.

Stuart.

When I had a similar issue, the late Clive Manvers supplied me with a slave cylinder from a Triumph 2000 (or possibly a 2500pi) which has a different bore and it has been doing sterling service for the past 7years as well as solving the initial problem of to little travel with the new TR6 cylinder supplied by, I think ,Rimmers.

Hi Graeme,

I probably have a used spare lurking somewhere . . . . . do you know the length you need ?

If I can find one it's yours with pleasure, and next time you see some poor hungry sod scrounging on the street, buy 'em a sandwich on me !!

Cheers

Alec

I probably have one too Graeme if required but as Alec says can you check length just to be sure.

Stuart.

Thanks Alec & Stuart,

Unfortunately, because I don't have the original, I am not sure of the length. I have done an internet search and found the following info relating to TR5/6 from 3 different sources.

"The pushrod is 3 3/16" from the tip of the mushroom end to the centre line of the hole in the yoke."(TR Forum - 2004)
"The pushrod is 90 mm long" (TR Forum - 2010)
3-1/4" long (Revington)
I guess 3-1/4" from tip to centre line of the hole will be correct for a new one, 3-3/16" for a worn item and 90mm (3-1/2") is the overall length
Cheers
Graeme